December 26, 2015
When it comes to replacement of missing teeth, many patients are opting for dental implants over other types of procedures. This has much to do with how natural implants appear, in addition to their restorative properties like boosting bone growth and ensuring existing teeth remain healthy after treatment.
Why Dental Implants?
Ask any general dentist in Novi, MI about the effects of tooth loss and you will soon understand just how important securing an effective treatment is. Fortunately, implants provide patients with a number of great benefits, including the following:
- Provides a Long-Term Solution to Tooth Loss – Properly placed and cared for implants often last for the duration of a patient’s lifetime. This is in stark contrast to many other treatments, which typically require replacement every few years.
- Stops Bone Deterioration – Missing teeth can result in a number of issues, including the continual deterioration of your jawbone. Implants keep your jawbone healthy by stimulating future bone growth.
- Allows You to Enjoy Life to the Fullest – With dental implants, patients no longer have to worry about avoiding certain foods or the embarrassment that comes with shifting dentures. Instead they can live life to the fullest thanks to their new and natural-looking smile.
- Restores the Natural Contours of Your Face – In addition to the health effects of missing teeth, they can also cause a sunken facial appearance that many find unappealing. Conversely, implants mimic the look and feel of natural teeth, thereby boosting aesthetic appeal.
- Protects the Teeth You Already Have – Implants can also help protect the teeth you already have. Because implants are placed directly into the underlying bone there’s no need for grinding down or modifying healthy teeth.
A Healthy, Happy Smile for Life
For those patients seeking a skilled general dentist in Novi, MI, Dr. Roman Shlafer is the go-to choice when in search of professional and courteous dental care for both cosmetic and preventative treatments. Schedule your consultation today by calling (248) 918-4205.