March 8, 2018
When it comes to missing teeth, dental implants are your best bet. They restore the entire tooth structure, including the root, as opposed to only replacing what is visible. You can schedule an appointment at South Hills Dental Arts to learn more, but here are the basics to familiarize yourself with.
The advantages you receive with implants are unparalleled. They include:
- Durability: Other dental restorations last less than 10 years. With proper care, implants can last the rest of your life.
- Better Oral Health: Without constant stimulation, jawbone tissue slowly disintegrates. With an implant in place to stimulate the sensation of a tooth root, the jawbone remains resilient. The titanium post even becomes part of the bone through a process known as osseointegration.
- Easier Time Eating: Other restorations may slip out of place if you are not careful. You may even need to give up certain foods. With dental implants, you can eat your favorite foods with peace of mind.
- Enhanced Speech: Gaps between teeth can affect your speech patterns. An implant that does not move around ensures your speech sounds precisely the same.
Some insurance plans will cover part of the cost while others may not. Here are the factors that can impact the final price.
- Number of Implants: A single implant will cost less than a full-arch
- Placement in Mouth: An implant toward the front will cost more because there is less room for our dentists to work with. Greater precision is necessary.
- Extra Procedures: Before an implant can go in, some patients with poor dental health may need treatment for periodontal disease or bone grafting.
- Materials: Your implant can be made out of titanium, zirconium or ceramic.
The Dentist To Go To
Dr. Steven Crandall has assisted numerous patients with getting the smiles they have always wanted. If you’re in the Pittsburgh, PA area, schedule an appointment as soon as you lose a tooth. Delaying getting dental implants can make your oral situation worse.