October 25, 2016
The great thing about improving your dental health is that as the well-being of your teeth, gums, and oral tissue improve, so does the appearance of your smile. A healthy smile is clean and bright, and oral surgeons like Dr. Herrera are here to help make sure that your natural grin stays healthy for life. Dental implants are an exciting care option that significantly improves both the appearance and health of your teeth. These tiny permanent implants handily replace teeth that have been lost, damaged, or infected. The results have great visual appeal and can greatly improve a patient’s overall oral health.
A Closer Look at Dental Implant Benefits
The cosmetic and medical benefits of dental implants go hand in hand. These are some of the primary reasons that patients seek this particular form of treatment:
- Cost effectiveness – Unlike traditional dentures, which may need to be replaced in the future, dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution; the primary expense involves implant placement, not follow-up care.
- Great cosmetic results – Dental implants look virtually identical to natural teeth; patients love the seamless, beautiful results.
- Replace single teeth or several – Depending on the patient’s needs, implants can be set individually or in a connected series. Even if the spaces left by missing teeth are separated by several extant teeth, implants can be used successfully.
- Long-term health benefits – Implants make use of a small titanium rod embedded into the jaw bone. This creates a sort of artificial tooth root and helps keep the implant crown (the visible portion) stable; the titanium post also helps stimulate bone health and preserve adjacent teeth.
- Easy care – Dental implants require no special cleaning products in order to keep them looking and functioning their very best. Your regular toothpaste and a toothbrush with bristles of a moderate or soft texture are perfect. Your preferred brand of mouthwash and dental floss can also be used.
Are You Ready for Dental Implants?
Dental implants can help patients with a range of cosmetic and dental health concerns, but they are not the right solution for everyone. Talk with Dr. Herrera about your care goals and see if dental implants are right for you.