December 27, 2015
Many people lose their teeth as they age from bone loss or injuries. Dental implants in Issaquah, WA can save your tooth, but not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure. Implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and keep your beautiful smile. Learn more about the conditions which make you a good candidate for implants.
Ideal Conditions for Implants
- If you’re considering implants, you should be a non-smoker or be willing to stop smoking during the treatment.
- You need to be ready to commit time, up to 12 months to receive the procedure from your cosmetic dentist in Issaquah, WA.
- You should have healthy teeth and gums.
- You need the right amount of bone density to support the implant.
- It’s important to be committed to your dental care and good oral hygiene.
- Overall, you should be healthy. If you have uncontrolled diabetes or an autoimmune disorder, your ability to heal after the procedure may be compromised. You should have a healthy cardiovascular system. Your dentist will discuss your medical conditions with you during your consultation. Make sure that you inform the dentist of your health history.
- Individuals requesting dental implants should not have received bisphosphonate medications used most commonly in cancer treatment. Some bone disorders may preclude you from receiving implants. However, there may be other procedures which can help you maintain your teeth.
Call for Your Appointment
Of course, it’s important to discuss your past and current health problems with your cosmetic dentist in Issaquah, WA. If you don’t have the bone density required for the procedure, you may be able to undergo a bone graft before receiving the implants. If gum disease is impacting your dental implant procedure, you can be treated to get this condition under control. Don’t discount your candidacy until you have spoken with your dental team. Call 425-329-4026 to make a personal consultation with Santiago Dental Wellness to talk about your candidacy for dental implants in Issaquah, WA.