March 28, 2016
If you lost a tooth or multiple teeth due to gum disease, aging or an accident, you probably want to find a way to get back your smile. Missing teeth can be a real anchor on self-confidence. Dr. E. Dale Behner, a dentist who specializes in cosmetic dentistry as well as family dentistry, can help you get your smile back through dental implants in Fishers, IN. Here are seven advantages that implants have over other procedures:
- Provides a realistic look. Dental implants are actually designed to fuse directly with your pre-existing jawbone. They also look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- Allows for easy speech. Dentures often cause speech to be difficult, but you don’t have to worry about these implants falling out of your mouth.
- More durable. Implants can last a lifetime if they are taken care of properly.
- No need for adhesives. Because dental implants in Fishers, IN, are fused with your jawbone, you do not have to worry about messing with adhesives. This makes them more comfortable and stable than traditional dentures.
- Able to eat with them. Implants are permanent, which means you don’t have to deal with taking them out to eat. You can eat like you would with your natural teeth without the embarrassment of taking your teeth out.
- Other teeth don’t need to be altered. Certain tooth replacement procedures, like dental bridges or dentures, can sometimes affect the oral health of the rest of your teeth and mouth. Dental implants don’t need support from surround teeth, and therefore allow for easier cleaning.
- Boost self-confidence. Finally, replacing missing teeth can help boost your self-esteem.
There are a few different procedures that can help you get your smile back after an accident or oral disease. You should choose the one that is right for you. Call Dr. Behner today at 317-348-3922 for a consultation about your smile.